WE Team Spotlight – Julia Tiainen
WE Team Spotlight
Wulff Entre is made up of an incredibly talented, creative and dedicated team who takes pride in their work. We are a diverse bunch, with many varying backgrounds, languages, talents and a real passion for what we do. This week’s feature is Julia Tiainen, Project Coordinator.
- What is your role at Wulff Entre and what do you do?
I’m a Project Coordinator. As a member of Wulff Entre’s hard-working project unit, my job daily is to not only meet, but exceed, our clients’ expectations of what premium exhibition services entail, and how choosing us as a partner frees up time to concentrate on their companies’ most important goals at a trade fair.
- What languages do you speak?
Finnish, English. Also, Swedish and German, but I’m shy about using them when talking, so if you could send me an email instead, that’d be great! 😉
- What is something surprising about our industry that you have discovered?
The opportunity it presents to learn about so many different fields of expertise across so many different industries.
- What is your favorite thing about your work?
Seeing a project come together after months of hard work. Knowing your efforts have helped the client achieve their goals for the show is the best feeling.
- Three trade show survival tips.
1. Drink a lot of water. And I do mean, A LOT. Carry a re-usable water bottle with you. 2. Wear comfortable shoes, your feet will thank you. 3. Remember to take breaks. The pace at shows is hectic and it’s easy to just go for 8 hours straight without stopping, but it’s important to schedule breaks for such things as eating.
- How do you avoid fatigue working at a trade show?
I hate to say this, but with such long days at the halls, fatigue is somewhat unavoidable since we’re only human! But I try to make sure that at the end of each day I have some quiet time to relax before going to sleep.
- There are so many pieces to be handled when planning an exhibition for our clients, what is the event that stands out in your mind?
For me personally, the most exciting and challenging project so far has been the Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona last month. I managed seven clients with a total of eight spaces. The atmosphere of that show is unlike any other I’ve experienced! Also, the quality of stand construction is out of this world at MWC with some of the biggest tech companies showing up and showing off.
- How many months/years has your longest project spanned?
5 months. I’ve realized I’ve become somewhat of a specialist in getting projects done in way too short of a time span. 😃
- Would you like to share a funny onsite experience?
Seeing your colleagues look like Bob the Builder with hard hats and high-visibility vests never gets old…
- How many countries have you been to?
19 and counting
- Do you have any hidden talents?
I can sing (and I detest karaoke)…
- Favorite karaoke song?
…but since you’re clearly going to twist my arm, I would have to say Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance With Somebody”
Is that song stuck in your head now too? They say listening to it helps 😃
Find Julia on LinkedIn >
We hope you have enjoyed this month’s WE Team Spotlight! Please subscribe for future installments!